PANL Board of Directors
Are you interested in running for a position on PANL’s Board of Directors?
The Pharmacists’ Association of Newfoundland and Labrador is currently calling for nominations for members to serve as directors on the Board of Directors. These directors will work with members to achieve key strategic directives:
- Promote the profession to the public.
- Strengthen relationships and meaningful involvement of PANL.
- Promote primary health care and the role and capabilities of pharmacists within that model of care, including opportunities to expand pharmacists’ scope of practice.
- Continue in government and third party negotiations and liaison.
- Achieve greater transparency of PANL operations to assure members that there are modern and efficient tools and processes at the Board, staff and committee levels.
If you are interested in playing a leadership role in the shaping of your profession - see details on the nomination process.
Benefits of Being a Board Member
- Networking and opportunities for personal and professional growth
- Direct influence on the affairs and future direction of the profession in the Province
- Access to up-to-date information on the challenges facing PANL and the profession
Responsibilities of Board Members
The Board will normally meet four times a year (including the annual conference) and is responsible for:
- Managing the affairs of the Association
- Establishing Association policies and ensuring these policies are implemented satisfactorily
- Enacting and amending bylaws
- Establishing committees
- Determining award recipients
- Candidates must be “active” members who are licensed to practice pharmacy in Newfoundland and Labrador
- Candidates and the two nominators must practice in the zone for which the nomination is being submitted
- Commitment to PANL and to the profession of pharmacy
Term of Office
Board members shall be elected for a two-year term of office or in the case of Special Nominations, for the remainder of the term.