Moncton or Dartmouth
Job Title: Pharmacy Consultant
Department: Drug Management Solutions
Employment Type: Full Time, Permanent
Location(s): Moncton or Dartmouth
Reports to: Drug Management Division
Closing Date: August 11, 2017
“We care about the work we do-and we're looking for new colleagues who do, too.”
For over 70 years, and across six provinces we've been a leading diversified health services partner for individuals, plan sponsors, plan advisors and governments across Canada. We are proud to be a not-for-profit organization committed to giving back to the communities where we live and work. We support the health and wellness of our employees and their families with various wellness programs and resources to support their personal and professional growth.
We're a team of 1,900 colleagues dedicated to collaboration, innovation, customer service, and committed to work-life balance, community involvement and career development which is why Medavie Blue Cross is recognized as a Top 100 Employer, one of Canada’s 10 Most Admired Corporate Cultures and one of Atlantic Canada’s Top Employers. We care about the work we do-and we're looking for new colleagues who do, too.
Medavie Blue Cross has established strong roots in Canada as a leading innovator in pharmacy benefit management. We have led the path with many industry firsts, including developing an evidence-based approach to conducting drug reviews, known as the Medication Advisory Panel (MAP) process, that considers the unique health and economic needs of private market stakeholders; and introducing a comprehensive special authorization process for drug reimbursement more than twenty five years ago. Today more than ever, as we see tremendous increase in the utilization and cost associated with specialty drugs, the Medication Advisory Panel (MAP) is at the centre of our optimal drug management approach.
Reporting in the Drug Management Solutions division, the Pharmacy Consultant will play a key role in providing insight to the MAP process; ensuring value and outcomes for our Plan Sponsors’ drug plan investment. As the successful candidate, you will have a keen interest in evaluating drugs for health and economic outcomes, balancing the science with the cost and utilization considerations of drugs in the real world. You enjoy being creative and inspiring others with your solutions approach; and demonstrate sound clinical judgement with a critical eye for details. While the majority of your focus is supporting the day to day of formulary management and offering clinical insights to your colleagues, you will have the opportunity to build relationships, offer input into product partnership agreement strategies and contribute to the overall value proposition Medavie Blue Cross brings to the market.
Although the successful candidate is a seasoned pharmacist with clinical knowledge we are looking for a passionate consultant who has a keen interest in the business side of pharmacy and benefit management.
· Provide clinical leadership and oversight to the Medication Advisory Panel by researching and preparing drug reviews, as well as recommendations with the clinical criteria you develop to consider products eligible for private plan coverage, balancing medical necessity with plan affordability;
· Clinical liaison with the pharmaceutical industry and other health care providers to establish relationships supporting the portfolio and the medical evidence review;
· Support the ongoing benefit management process with pharmaceutical analysis and recommend changes, identifying opportunities for process enhancements;
· Provide clinical expertise as needed to internal teams, such as Special Authorization
· Work closely with the Pharmaceutical Strategy Lead to support the clinical aspect of product agreements and partnerships with the pharmaceutical industry;
· From time to time, conduct industry/client presentations as an expert in the field.
· Provide a balanced perspective on formulary management corporately as well, act as an advisor to our clients.
Take your career to new heights in Corner Brook and apply today!
Education: Completed a degree in Pharmacy with an active license to practice pharmacy in New Brunswick or Nova Scotia.
Work Experience: The ideal candidate has more than six years of experience in their field.
- Experience with retail pharmacy, with general understanding of drug adjudication process;
- Knowledge and experience of the public/private sector with previous work history;
- Clinical experience conducting drug reviews, specifically in oncology and/or specialty drugs would considered an asset;
- Are a self-starter, willing to work independently and as a member of a team;
- Have a high level of personal accountability, responsibility and self-direction, with a drive to achieving success;
- Have a proven ability to manage multiple projects and deadlines with high attention to detail;
- Must have a proven desire to understand the aspects of insurance and supporting the contracts we administer with respect to drug management;
- Effective communication and presentation skills;
- Critical thinker – with the ability to make difficult decisions; and
- Are willing to travel.
Computer Skills: Strong technical aptitude with Microsoft programs is required.
Language Skills: Proficient in French and English, both spoken and written would be an asset.
If you are interested in working with a team of professionals in a challenging role and you possess the necessary qualifications, please follow the instructions for applying online via the Medavie Blue Cross Corporate website by clicking on the link below.
We would like to thank all candidates for expressing interest. Please note only those selected for interviews will be contacted.
Canadian Citizenship - Please indicate in your application the reason you are entitled to work in Canada: Canadian citizenship, permanent resident status or work permit.
Reliability screening will be required.
Medavie Blue Cross is an equal opportunity employer.